Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

Married UK citizens. We own a Melbourne Australia flat. We

Married UK citizens. We own a Melbourne Australia flat. We are currently updating our Wills in the UK which benefit our 3 adult children.question. Do we need to have an Australian will, or, will our UK wills cover this?

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

You can have 1 will in the uk

You can mention the property in Melbourn in that will.

But you haver to get the probate re-sealed in Victoria for it to be distributed as per the will.

You may consider 2 wills one in australia. If the unit is to go to an Uatralian Resident then they can deal with it here and no death duty paid in the UK

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.

Leon

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
At death or a sale of this flat isthere Aust tax levied?