Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I need to know the difference between a 601 visa and a 651

I need to know the difference between a 601 visa and a 651 visa. They are both short stay visas. When would you use each of them and which is likely to be the quicker?

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Give me a minute and I will send you the information

A 651 is for people with passports form the following countries

And be a eVisitor passport holder from an eligible country:

• Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • The Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Republic of San Marino
  • Slovak Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom – British Citizen
  • Vatican City.

Everyone else applies for a 600

https://www.resultsmigration.com.au/travel-visas/visitor-visas-subclass-600-601-651/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.

Leon

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** does that differ from a 601. They look the same?

They all look the same

DO you hold a UK passport and are you coming for a holiday and if so how long for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am trying to sort this out on behalf of my daughter and her friend, 2 young UK doctors who have applied for TSS visas sponsored by an Australian hospital. They are about to run out of time on 30 day free Bali visas and as they haven't had their working visas they want to come in as tourists and await the working visa. They have received differing advice ie apply for 601 and 651.

What have they been told. It is hard to respond without knowing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They have are waiting for the TSS work visas and have been told nothing. They have been advised to get a tourist visa to come into Australia to wait for the work visa. My daughter has been advised to apply for 601, but her friend has been advised and has now applied for 651.
They can apply for either. The 601 is not free. But if they want to be allowed to stay longer than 3 months per entry then 601.
They can seek longer than the 3 months