Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I need some help with a visa. Not yet, I just need some

Hi, I need some help with a visa.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Not yet, I just need some advice. We are looking to travel to Australia in the new year and my boyfriends has previously had a 2 year suspended sentence. He did community service and payed a fine within this. Do you know the best visa to try and apply for and how likely he is to get accepted? We are English
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so thank you

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

He has to get a police check and he has to provide that the high commission with his application.

He has to disclose it.

How long ago was this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry for the delayed reply. Is a police check the same as a DBS check?His suspended sentence ended in February this year.

Good Morning

It is a record of all charges and all convictions and sentences.

If this is done by DBS in the UK then it is the same

You should do an ACRO check

https://www.gov.uk/copy-of-police-records

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.

Leon

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thats great thank you for all your help :)