Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I have received divorce documents from my ex partner in

I have received divorce documents from my ex partner in Australia and need to ask a question regarding what’s been stated in the document
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My ex has filed papers in the court in Australia as that’s where he lives. It’s just that it states in the document that he pays chil support for our 2 children but no fixed amount. The thing is, I don’t receive a penny off him. Would this be something I need to point out? Thanks
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in the Uk he lives in Australia. It’s was lodged in Sydney NSW
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait, thanks

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Good Afternoon

Do you have a child support application in with the Agency in Australia?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no I don’t have an application in. I didn’t know I could and plus now my ex is in receipt of a pension due to having MS. I’m just confused as to why it states that he’s paying child support in the divorce document? Thanks

You can apply through the agency.
You can object to the application and put on evidence that he pays nothing and that it is false.

You can apply from overseas but you cannot back date it

You only get it from the date of the application

Here is some information

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/child-support-when-parents-and-children-live-outside-australia

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.

Leon

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: 24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.