How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 52471
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

I plan to visit the east coast of Australia next August for

Customer Question

I plan to visit the east coast of Australia next August for two weeks, I have had my initial visitors application turned down due to admission of felony in my past 2009, I have been advised to contact people like yourselves to get further advice, available on***********or***@******.***
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a uk citizen, I have applied online fore through Australian travel advisory , they attempted to file the application and it was rejected because of previous criminal activity, they say they need more info?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

You have to go and see the Australian High Commission and provide them with more information and also the court order.

You cannot do this online.

Did you have a solicitor when you went before the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

The solicitor should be able to give you the charges and also the verdict.

This is what they want.

If they do not have them you can obtain them from the court.
All of this has to be provided.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.