How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5596
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

From Lebanon im a pharmcist my wife is british, and we are

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my name is ***** ***** Lebanon im a pharmcist my wife is british, and we are living in lebanon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet she wants to go back to uk to live with her family
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my daughters and I want to live with my wife in the UK, I have a BS Pharmacy degree from Lebanese American University in Beirut. what kind of visa we need, and what are the requirements needed to work there. currently, im working as a pharmaceutical product specialist at MSD

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. For you, you ill need a spousal visa to be able to return with your British citizen wife. She will need to meet the financial requirement which is earning income of at least £18.600 per annum, be able to accommodate and maintain you and the children without recourse to public funds. The children it depends on when they were born as they may already be british citizens or they qualify to register as british citizens in which case they will not need to apply for visas. If they do not qualify for british citizenship then they would be dependants and depending on the number of children involved who are are under the age of 18 years the minimum income requirement increases proportionately. I hope this answers your question and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. I am happy to respondto any follow on questions should you have any after your rating. All the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for reply
Kindly inforn that my wife has a British overseas passport.
Kindly you didnt tell me what i have to do with my degree. Can i work there directly or i have to make any exam to register at the pharmaceutical council?

You are welcome,

You wife is a British Overseas Citizen and she is not necessarily a British Citizen too. She can hold a British passport and get consular assistance and protection from UK diplomatic posts, however Unless she also is a British citizen she is still subject to immigration controls. She does not have the automatic right to live or work in the UK and she is not considered a UK national by the European Union (EU). The initial information that was sent to me stated that she was a British citizen hence my initial response.

For you if you want to come to the UK to work you have to apply for the Tier 2 general visa. this is the visa all non-eea nationals coming to the UK to work need to hold unless you are already working for a company that has a branch in the uk in which case you apply for the Tier 2 ICT. You have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you to come and work for them in the UK and their Certificate of Sponsorship is what you use to submit your application. You will need to have savings of £945 for you and same value for your dependants who will be coming with youa and you wife can be a dependant too. The savings have to be held in a bank account for at least 90 days immediately leading to your application. I advise you on the immigration rules however for the work itself you ought to check with recruitment agents and some will already have employers on their books looking for tier 2 applicants. check such companies as Reed international. I hope this now clarifies your situation better

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again
I have a question plz. When we reach UK, it is possible for my wife to apply for the citizen passport. And is she eligible to buy an appartment to leave in.

Hi, you are welcome. For your wife it depends on where she was born and her parents' status at the time of birth. She may therefore be able to register as a citizen but there is need to investigate further. If she has the money when she comes yes she can buy a property to live in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife is born in Wimbledon on 16 october 1983.
Thank you for your help

Hi, at what age did she leave the uk?

what was her mother's status at time of birth?

what was her father's status at time of birth?

If neither of her parents were british citizens at time of birth what is their status now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She left UK at age of 3, they moved to Nigeria since her father had a company there. And in 1992 they moved completely to Lebanon.
The status of her father at birth was british subject.
Her mother is Lebanese.
Her both parents now are british overseas.

Hi, thank you. Because her parents were not british citizens or with settled status when she was born and because she did not live in the UK for the first 10 years of her life she is not automatically british citizen and she can apply to register should she wish but only if she meets the criteria for registratio. If she does not have another citizenship then she could consider applying to be registered as british citizen. However if she is successful she will get citizenship by descend and would not be able to pass the citizenship to her children. If she want s to pass it to her children she may have to consider coming to live in the uk working and after 5 years to apply for her ILR and then citzenship.

Below is the attachment of the full guidance for her:

The application is done on line here:

I would very much appreciate your rating at this stage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much

No problem at all. All the best

SolicitorRM and 2 other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you