How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5596
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have been issued a section 146 - my tenants did not pass

This answer was rated:

I have been issued a section 146 - my tenants did not pass on the bills to me .but I am at fault as well as I did not advise agent to send any bills to my new address - the outstanding bills is 1 year of ground rent 400 pounds but now have a bill with legal and admin of 1280 pounds do I have to pay this
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i don't see what steps i can take as self explanatory above
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: uk essex
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you answer me on here

If you did not provide them with a forwarding address then they would have served the bills on the last known address and that is sufficient under the civil procedure rules. Regrettably you will have to pay otherwise the costs can soon escalate significantly and you would wish you had settled it earlier. Although the value of the bills is quite low, most leases as a standard provide that solicitors costs incurred to pursue you will be funded by you so it is not easy to challenge them. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Our messages appear to have crossed paths. hope you have seen my response now

SolicitorRM and other Australia Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you