Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

How soon can I apply for an Australian Visa, I want to book

Customer Question

How soon can I apply for an Australian Visa, I want to book flights, but dont want to be refused a Visa. How long do Visas last?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Live in the UK. Looking to travel for a 6 week holiday to Australia in early Jan 2021. Because of my stupidity when younger I did have several minor convictions,but nothing for 30 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just dont want to lose my holiday of a lifetime?
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have never served time in Jail, other than Judges Recognacense for missing Court dates
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that was for 11 days in Prison, which I was led to believe is more a Civil matter than Criminal?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 2 months ago.

You need to see the Australian High Commission and apply for the visa ASAP and also have details of the offence such and the charges and the facts and the court sentence.

Dont pay for any tickets until you get the visa approved. Or pay the higher fee for the tickets and make sure they are refundable.

Do not risk buying cheap tickets that are not refundable unless you have the visa.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you wish a phone call please elect for one but be aware it will be an additional fee. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by rating my work 5 stars so I can be paid. Highlight the 5 stars at the top and click the submit button.

Thank you for using Justanswer and I look forward to assist in the future as required.

Leon