T_Graham12
T_Graham12,
28732269

I was born in the UK and currently live in the UK, and have

Customer Question

I was born in the UK and currently live in the UK, and have a child who is an Australian citizen and lives in Australia. she is 4 years old, can I apply for Australian citizenship
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not taken any steps thus far, I currently travel every year to see her, some times twice a year, which cost are mounting, I am a home owner here in the UK. I live in the UK. My citizenship is for the UK, would love to create a situation where I spend at least half the year there, my plan would be to selling property here, buy some where out side London and in Australia, and work between both places. I had a visa for New Zealand where I lived for 4 years, and still have connections with re work, I also work in Australia as a performer, and have toured there this yea, and in New Zealand
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No, I'm starting to look into this now, this my first step
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 8 days ago.

Good Morning

Unfortunately no.

Did you ever hold an australian vis if you did what was it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have only ever had an Australian holiday visa
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Or short working artist visas as I’m a musician
Expert:  Leon replied 7 days ago.

Not having a permanent visa you cannot get citizenship

You need to get a permanent visa and be here for 5 years before you can apply

What visa do you have for NZ?