Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I need legal representation for over in Australia when I am

Customer Question

I need legal representation for over in Australia when I am current resided back in the uk
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: are you able to help
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I already had legal representation but they withdrew just last week and left me to deal with the matter myself due to me being in the UK which they were aware of when I first went to them my hearing is now on the 19th of November and still am struggling to find any answers at all or anyone who can help i have already got around 18 pieces of evidence And full facts and events for the day specified
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it’s for a domestic violence order. which the police are taking forward
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are you connecting me to an Australian based lawyer?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Who can deal with my court case
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I am reviewing your question and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Have you been charged with any criminal matters or just the Apprehended violence order?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

What stare of australia is this in

Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

If you are challenging it you will have to appear in person for the hearing unless the court allows you to appear by video

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’ve been instructed to appear by video which is what I’m willing to do. I just need representation. Are you able to do that for me? The state is NSW, cowra court
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I want to plead not guilty. I have plenty of evidence and a detailed disclosure proving facts with times too
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have been charged yes and it’s a hearing on 19th November that’s being perused by the police
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am unable to get in touch with anyone at all in Australia.
I did already have representation but they pulled out just last week due to the fact I was unable to be present and the barrister involved was unable to make the 19th. They already knew when I was with that that I was going to be able to appear in court due to me coming back to the UK but then once I paid the money shortly after they said they won’t be representing me anymore
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

We cannot appear for you from here

Contact the law society of NSw and get a referral to a solicitor that practices in crimial law near the court you are appearing in.

If the person that has made the complaint is here and you are in UK then they cannot have fear and the action should be dropped

Here is the law society link

https://www.lawsociety.com.au/contact-us

Also report the solicitor that did that when you speak to the law society.

If you paid them in advance and hey have not issued you with a trust receipt they are in breach of the rules

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your response
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The issue is
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’ve been trying to contact any firm.. I can’t get through to any due to international calls
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I already emailed this firm a couple hours ago and they said they are unable to respond to me by email
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Here is some information about defending AVO'S

https://www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/Pages/representing/lawassist_avo/lawassist_defendingavo_home/lawassist_defendingavo_home.aspx

Email. them

Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Advise them you will be calling them

I have never heard of anything like this that is absurd

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will this recent email you sent me respond to my matter or will they advise me to call? The only way I can call someone is via WhatsApp or I can skype etc
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’m getting more than an AVO
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There’s an ABH charge, Choking & Stalking. Which I never did. She already said at the time she wanted to drop the charges, said that she was drunk, I also have a lot of evidence in my defence and have never ever been involved in anything near this where she has past history with it including against her dad, former ex partners and another one that’s all over google
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

Send an email to the court and advise them of what has happened and seek an adjournment to a later date so you can get counsel.

What do you mean more than an AVO. What else are you defending?

Show them the emails you have received and let them know what the other lawyer has done

Most firms do not have whatsapp or Skype as their primary contact

You have to call them on the land line and make arrangements for alternatives.

Here are some firms

https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/

https://criminal-lawyer.com.au/

https://www.sydneycriminaldefenceandtrafficlawyers.com.au/

But you have to call them on a landline

I hope this all assists and you can finalise this matter

But get more time form the court

Leon

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have around 18 pieces of evidence to present
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your time
Leon
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
you have helped
Expert:  Leon replied 18 days ago.

You are welcome and all the best

Leon