Leon
Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
12124641

I am a UK citizen and live in Australia with my partner, who

I am a UK citizen and live in Australia with my partner, who is an Australian citizen. They had a previous relationship in which they got their ex partner a spouse visa to remain in Australia - are they allowed to apply for one for me or not?Also does it make a difference if we get married as we plan on doing soThanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can wait - I am pretty anxious about it and wouldn't mind the quickest reply but appreciate the time difference and getting the right info so thank you so much and look forward to the I detailed nfo

Thank you for reaching out today. I appreciate your matter is important and urgent. I am Leon, a Solicitor from Sydney, and will do my very best to resolve the issues and alleviate your stress.

I understand your frustration and also why you are anxious.

In short they can provided it was more than 5 years ago and that they can show they have separated.

if you get married this will be in your favour and evidence that your partner is not with the other partner.

I appreciate your patience. Let me know if you have any other questions. Otherwise, it was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me.

Leon

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you LeonIs the 5 years a deal breaker please as I am not 10p% convinced there will be evidence they seperated. It was very acrimonious and they weren't married

I am not sure what you mean by deal breaker?

She has to provide a statement that sets out when they separated and what happened.

They were defacto. This is ok

It means she can marry and does not need a divorce.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am happy and would love to chat - if you are in Sydney, is there a time we can do that tomorrow please? Wednesday 24/2? Thank you Leon

We can arrange a call tomorrow

I have offered you a call accept and give me your number and the time to call and I will call you.

Or you can accept tomorrow and I will call you then.

Looking forward to chatting on the phone.

Leon

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK thanks - Let's aim for 10am ish and I'll accept it tomorrow - number would be(###) ###-####Thanks Leon have a good night

will talk them.

You have a good night.

Leon

Leon, Solicitor
Experience: 24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK please resend the offer and we can chat at 930 pleaseI may have one other thing to discuss re family law if suitable and feel free to include that in your offer fee
Thank you Leon

I am free now or can call at 930

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Now is fine thanks

All the best and good luck

Leon

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Leon - you're a legend