How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 52511
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

Are you up?, I’m a trainee solicitor based in the UK, My

Customer Question

Hi Pearl are you up?
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hello, my name is*****’m a trainee solicitor based in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: My mother Angela Connolly purchased a property in QLD for over 1 million AUD in 2008, she lent approximately 450 AUD. Turns out she was miss sold a mortgage. During her time at the property she paid 200 thousand dollars in interest. She later lost the property/repossessed. Resmac (lender) communicated to her that it only sold for 200k. However, it was sold for 405k and she didn’t receive any money back. She has been a victim of fraud so I’m hoping time limited won’t apply here as it’s a criminal offence
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: she has been unwell with cancer so not much she attempted to reach out to the brokers and they all lied to her etc
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you know when I’ll get a response?
Expert:  Leon replied 12 days ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.  I wish to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Your question is important to you and it also is too me. I understand how you feel.

It maybe fraud or misleading conduct.

She has a timing issue though because there is a 6 years limit to sue.

If it is going to be alleged that the misleading conduct was in 2008 it is now 12 years and the time limit will prevent her suing unless she gets special leave from the supreme court.

Criminal offence is going to be hard as the police has to charge them.

I would suggest your first point of call is AFCA and or ASIC

lodge complaints for an investigation.

If they cannot find anything criminal then there is nothing that can be done.

I appreciate and thank you for your patience in this matter. I hope this has answered your question and put your mind at ease. If you have any other questions do not hesitate co contact me. Otherwise, it was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me.

Thank you for using Justanswer and chatting with me today. I look forward to assist in the future as required.


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks Leon,
Is it hard to get special leave? She has been very unwell due to cancer and other factors and didn’t become aware of the misconduct until everything was over
Expert:  Leon replied 12 days ago.

Each case is dealt with on its own merits. But report them first and see if the authorities do anything.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks Leon
Expert:  Leon replied 12 days ago.

You are very welcome

All the best