How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 52515
Experience:  24 years experience. Admitted in New South Wales and the UK.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now

I am planning to migrate to Aus with my husband and 2

Customer Question

I am planning to migrate to Aus with my husband and 2 children. Ready to apply for a PR with my job. But my husband had a criminal conviction in 2013 and had a fine. He was a taxi driver at the time and the charge was intentionally touching a girl over 18 yrs old. He paid a fine, no prison sentence. Will he have issues with his PR application?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in Cardiff uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: got a job and waiting for my skill assessment to complete to apply for EOI
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don’t think so
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 16 days ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. I will do my best to assist you with your question.  I wish to thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. Your question is important to you and it also is too me. I understand how you feel.

It has to be disclosed. He cannot afford not too.

The character test is set out in the following link

I cannot say if he will be refused but to not disclose it will be worse.

I cannot say how they will deal with it all I can say is it has to be disclosed and also you should get something from the lawyer that acted and also a detailed explanation.

I appreciate and thank you for your patience in this matter. I hope this has answered your question and put your mind at ease. If you have any other questions do not hesitate co contact me. Otherwise, it was my pleasure to help you today, and I thank you for chatting with me.

Thank you for using Justanswer and chatting with me today. I look forward to assist in the future as required.