How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello . i am wondering if there is anything i can do to help

Customer Question

Hello . i am wondering if there is anything i can do to help my financial situation.i am owing money for house rent .over the last year my husband was struggling with bringing enough money to the household i was working and tried my best but when couldnt paid so used credit cards to pay for bills and everyday life....up untill their limits.
is there any organization whowould have paid off my debts and i could only end up paying off to them in installments?
thank you
Kind Regards
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

How much money do you owe?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.









i owe £7400 for landlord and around £3,500 in credit cards.

although i am struggling to get my landlord resolve damp problem for the last 5 ,5 years while living here and due to that i lost many of my and childrens clothes ,furniture is visibly damaged and rest is full of dampness inside as the moisture was absorbed by furniture and its stinks of mould.

so many clothes was damaged to such extend in the past that i had to throw them away .

the landlord postponing of dealing with the damp problem in her house

caused somany problems with my childrens health as well ,causing my younger daughter to develop the roumatyzm in her joints and before each time it will rain ,she complains of the pains .

that was the reason why i decided to postpone the payment of the rent to my landlord in the first place,just to make her do the work on the affected areas in the house.....but as i needed the money so used on something and as we are only barely managing financially from one month to another so it happend that now we are in position that we got no reserves to pay for that outstanding rent.

but its worth to mention that up to today landlord didnt resolve damp problem.

somebody said that if this is the case i should get in touch with local council and landlord should be dealth with.i was told also that shelter can help me as well with dealing with private landlords,last year citizen advice bureau said .

any more advices be welcomed.

also is there any way of moovingtonewpropertty as we do not havemoney for new deposit ?

also can the balances of credit cards be transferred to different(new) ones which had 0%?

how can i do it,and where from?

perhaps it benot possible when having bad credit score?

thanks a lot


Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out - has the Landlord sought possession?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

landlord asked me to moove out and treathened with reposses house through court.

the house was empty when we were mooving in and allfurnishing was brought with me .over the last 5,5 years living here manyofmy belongings were damaged due to having bad damp in the house and clothes on many occasions had to be washed and many throwed away as the mould had permamently damaged itso it showed on light and whites colours.

the electricity in the house was failing and after informing landlord she failed to react to my requwst of resolving the problem in same way she didnt do nothing to finish the problem with damp and mould inthe property which she was and still is renting to us.this year as well as for last year she didnt sighn any contract with us at all,therefore we do not have with her any rental agrement.only once 5,5 years ago she had sent engeeneer to check the gas and electric in house and since then she never done it again therefore we never since we ve mooved into this house obtained renewed safety certificate neither for gas or electric.

i intend to take the matter to the council because i do not want to be taking wooden furniture with me if i be mooving that is damaged by damp and mould because of her negligence .

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
You want someone to pay off the debts and then pay them back by weekly/monthly installments, is that right?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was thinkingabout it,i was looking on one company idebt plan.they i think are willing to pay off mybank debt like credit c

ard but i think the private owing to like in my case the private l

andlord they be not .



asking people wha
t i should do

and i got advice of going to council or to s


where they got unit th

at will look into the c


Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
You need to go to:

They are a debt management company but are a charity.

They charge ZERO fees.

Speak to them.

Can I clarify anything?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for that Alex:) i appreciate your help.

have you handled before similar case with landlord?anysugestions from your side?

what would you do if you were on my place?

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also when we have had mooved in my younger daughter was 9 months old now she is bit over she has a roumatizm because ofthe living condition and repeated failed promisses from landlord side that its only a matter of time that she will sort the problem .i contacted the one builder who were supposed to resolve problem for her and he said that she number of times was nocking him down from oryginal quoted price for work on property untill she was satisfied with what she will have to pay and we last year ended up having the affected parts only redecorated but she failed to stop cause of the damp.....and everything came back,again causing my clothes to grow mould on especially in one room, and my children to suffer from on going and returning coughs and sinuses problems.

can i add that to loss and damage which she caused us?

if so ,then how would you call it corectly in english language?please.thank you

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
If you can prove this was directly caused by it - yes.

Does that help?


Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: