How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex-partner with whom I still share a bank account has

This answer was rated:

My ex-partner with whom I still share a bank account has just been declared bankrupt. As I don't want to loose this bank account (due to some preferential rates) can I inform bank and request that they remove her from it?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou will need to negotiate this with the bank - and of course account to the Official Receiver for half of any funds held in the account.The bank do not have to agree to this and there is now ay of forcing them to do soPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi ClareFurther to my previous query, am I allowed to remove my name from the aforementioned bank account? The current balance is nil and I only use it to pay bills.
Closing the bank account should be no problem at all