How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I was declared bankrupt R on August 13, 2013 although

This answer was rated:

I was declared bankrupt R on August 13, 2013 although discharged after 12 months they are now trying to take my house is this possible I have a letter saying about trustees can be a relative can you please answer my query I don't know what the trustees and relative Means

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

It is possible for a friend or relative to "buy" your share of the property from the Trustee in Bankruptcy if there is someone willing to do so.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Claire how does that work with a relative buying my share and how much does it cost

Your Relative can negotiate with the Trustee in Bankruptcy and agree a figure.

Once that sum is paid the Trustee will sign a TR1 transferring the property to your Relative

Clare and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you