How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 23
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I HAD BUSINESS I CLOSED 9 years ago and I have 4 judgements

Customer Question

I HAD BUSINESS I CLOSED 9 years ago and I have 4 judgements against me from personally guaranteed debt. I don't have money now or ever to pay debt. Can these collectors garnish any small inheritance I may receive and put in bank?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much do you owe please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approximately 100,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an optometrist had leased some items not returned for various reasons. Too complicated to explain. Now I would like to know, in Ct where I live and practice, if having these judgements against me will still allow collectors to garnish wages? I have severe RA AND
bad marriage and cannot pay money. I need to know if I inherit money, not enough to pay debt could I deposit in account without it being garnished. I opened an LLC so I work independently under tin and no problems with that. But I need surgeries here and there and just will need money to get by. Only need to know after this many years in Ct for personally guaranteed leases that were defaulted on can this unpaid debt allow my wages to be garnished or is there a statute of limitation on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or if I put money in bank of small inheritance could that be taken at this time. I understand collectors can still call me but are they able to garnish inheritance,salary if I chose to work under my SS# ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read question?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Are you in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was messaging for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is call me a question or I must call
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Are you based in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid and haven't received answer in email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I explained I am in CT IN THE USA SO WHAT HAPPENED? No answer to question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jaime I don't see any response from you other than do I know how much debt I owe, as to which I responded 100,000.
Then I paid for call still no answer,
I am looking through email under view response. Did you send to***@******.***
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I do apologise but you have posted on, and I think you would have a better chance of receiving an answer using our sister site based in the US, There will be a wider range of professionals based in the USA on that site.
You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. You can get a refund of your deposit on the UK site by following this link:
Alternatively please let me know when you have posted on and I can refund the payment on this question for you.
Please let me know if you need further assistance,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid 52.00 as well as 15.00 and I'd like that refunded to my credit card before I use just Answer in the USA
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I have refunded all payments made to I can see you have posted your question on our .com site, and that an Expert has responded.
Thank you,