How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 10624
Experience:  30 years in general practice.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have a few questions to ask.I am going to declare myself

This answer was rated:

I have a few questions to ask.I am going to declare myself bankrupt soon.I am a self employed dentist.I ran into financial difficulties in 2013.I made token payments of £1 to my creditors since and did not fill in tax returns since 2012-2013 tax year.Must I first get my tax returns up to date before filing for bankruptcy or should I just go ahead?What will the consequences be ?

Hello - have you any idea how much you are owing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
creditcard loans and overdrafts £89 000.00 and tax estimate +- £75000.00
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I prefer the online chat.Thanks

The telephone call offer comes out automatically. You can just ignore it.

I suggest that you don’t try to deal with this yourself go to see an insolvency practitioner.

With regard to your tax return, the answer is relatively simple: you won’t know your tax liability until such time as your accounts have been finalised and you are in a position to submit your return. Hence, whilst you do not necessarily have to do the tax returns, it is expedient to do so to finalise your financial affairs and to avoid any debts not being included in the bankruptcy.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please take a moment to look at the top right hand corner of the page and rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen. Then press Submit. Thank you. If you still need any point clarifying, I will still reply because the thread does not close.

Best wishes.


F E Smith and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you