How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARCUS Malin Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2719
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
MARCUS Malin is online now

My ex has been discharged from bankruptcy what is my

This answer was rated:

Hello, my ex has been discharged from bankruptcy what is my position within divorce proceedings? Can I recall him to court for court costs
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have been in court proceedings for 3 years
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Edmonton
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Can I ask at what stage are the divorce / financial matters?

You mention recalling him suggesting you have already been to court.

Thank you.

MARCUS Malin and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been to court since 2016, my original solicitor has been disbarred for dishonesty. I’m with someone now that used to work for my previous solicitor but her bills are extremely high and I don’t feel I get any results or answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need someone to help me urgently


At what stage did the proceedings get to in 2016.

I need to understand what has previously happened.

Thank you.