LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

I'm trying to complete form IAA (insolvency act application

I'm trying to complete form IAA (insolvency act application notice) and could do with some help completing it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have downloaded the form and trying to complete it. However I'm unsure, even with the guidance notes, the specifics of what goes in each box on the form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm will, I'll wait for an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This application is made under section […] of [AND/OR paragraph […] of Schedule […] to] the Insolvency Act 1986 [AND/OR under rule […] of the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016].I don't know what to put here

It will be rule 10.4(1) Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016.

Please kindly see below link to this rule:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/1024/article/10.4/made

I do hope this helps and would be grateful for a 5 star rating at the top of you screen to this answer.

All the best.

-LN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - Thank you for this. Do I just send it to the county court. Do you know if I'm supposed to pay a fee, or hand it in by hand, or post it?

Please see below some guidance notes which will answer your questions:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-the-court-about-an-insolvency-issue-form-iaa

You will need to pay a fee and can post the application.

I would be grateful for a positive rating to this answer so that I may be credited by JA.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will absolutely rate you top stars, I promise - I'm just checking through the form for a moment just to make sure I don't have anything small and additional to ask. Thank you so much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to that website link - The guidance notes are not helpful to a lay person. That link is where I downloaded the form from.
I'm sort of stuck on where the applicat seeks the following relief or order or directions - I'm guessing what should be put there is 'Set aside the Statutory Demand"

Yes, you are correct. I would advise a personal appointment with a local solicitor, to allow you to see the solicitor in person and to explain all the intricacies of your case. I would ask for a free interview with your local solicitor and also to see if they are prepared to work on a "fixed fee basis" to help you. Fixed Fees we will at least give you certainty in terms of cost and also allow you to budget.

I would be grateful for a positive rating to this answer. Thank you again.

LegalNinja, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor