Miles-Solicitor
Miles-Solicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Director / Principal Solicitor at WIN Solicitors
102609820

I have been asked to attend an interview with the insolvency

I have been asked to attend an interview with the insolvency service under caution an someone help me with what to expect and what happens if i do not go to the interview ?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

who has asked you for interview?

can you give me the background here please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back in 2016 i lost a court case where by i had to pay the other sides costs of 50k ... they obtained a charge on my property . The house was sold and but we didn't pay the court costs because the court case had not finished , the judge said in his judgement that my costs would be significantly reduced if the other court hearing went ok.. anyway i didn't pay the charge on the property as the charge was only in my name. i was then made bankrupt by the other party a few months later. I went to see the people at the insolvency offices as they went through my finances and then i was given a bankruptcy restriction order for 5 years. Then out of the blue some two years later i receive a letter from the insolvency investigation team requesting that i attend an interview under caution. they refer to S357 (3) Would it help if i emailed you the letter ?

I am sorry to learn of your situation.
I am a Qualified Solicitor, with over 19 years of experience in the UK.
Can you please provide me with a little more information:-

When did you receive the letter?

When are you due to attend the interview?

I have tried to call you on a number of occasions, but the System cannot connect. Will you please let me know when you are free to take a call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working at the moment . I received the letter last week and was due to attend today but I chose to let them know that i would not be attending .

That you for reverting back to me. Contact me when you finish work and I will Call you thereafter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will do.

Great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can take your call now if your ready .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry mate i think i have just missed your call

No problem will call you back.

Miles-Solicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Director / Principal Solicitor at WIN Solicitors