JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

How does small claims court become satisfied who is in the

How does small claims court become satisfied who is in the right apart from documentation such as a witness expert report? I am trying to make sure I present the right evidence and also aware of the pitfalls and excuses the other side may present

Hi, a judge looks at the evidence in a small claim and if it can be decided on paper then the court will do this. If not then a hearing may be necessary and the claimant and defendant are questioned. The judge looks at the evidence provided by you both - if the claimant can prove their claim against the defendant then the claimant wins. If the claimant's evidence is poor and does not overcome the burden of proof (51%) then their claim fails. Likewise if the defendant's defence has merit and casts doubt on the claim.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks