JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have gone bankrupt and heard via receiver that a trustee

I have gone bankrupt and heard via receiver that a trustee is now dealing with it and that I should expect to hear from him. To date I haven't heard a thing, can you advise as its approaching 3 months since I filed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Surrey, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, I have been advised to expect to hear from the Trustee, so I have been waiting
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else at this point

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

You should have heard from them by now - the one closest to you is the Croydon office which can be contacted on :

020 86815166. I believe the receiver there is someone called "L Cook" (not sure if it's a Mr or a Mrs/Ms, etc).

If you give them a call they should be able to give you an update on what is happening.

I hope this answers your question – if so could you please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Jim, thanks for your reply.I had a letter from receivers who have told me to expect to hear from a trustee as they no longer are responsible for my case.In the meantime, do I just keep the agreed monies aside until I hear from them?Regards

Yes, as if you moved the money they could reverse the transaction so it would be worth keeping it to one side until they do make contact. It is a pain but like I say they have the power to reverse transactions if monies are moved after a bankruptcy order it made.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Jim. It does

OK thanks, ***** ***** I have answered the question to your satisfaction. If so could you please rate the answer (5 stars on your screen). It won’t cost extra to give the rating and I will be credited for helping you. You can come back here for any follow up questions.

Many thanks,

Jim