Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My bank has put charges on both my bank accounts despite me

Customer Question

My bank has put charges on both my bank accounts despite me paying in on regular dates and trying to live on cut income and being hospitalised for some time is there anything I can do to make the Halifax pay back the money they have taken from both my bank accounts this has caused me a lot of stress and worry since the Halifax does not pay interest on my bank I do not see why I should pay them any thing even if I do go into overdraft I have an agreed overdraft on both my accounts I did that because of being in hospital many thanks richard ford
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Lingfield Surrey Rh76aq however my bank is in Crawley West Sussex it is the Halifax in county mall Crawley
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 8 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm is this a contractual charge?