Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I am being robbed by a finance company of my entire life's

I am being robbed by a finance company of my entire life's worth. I had 2 properties with mortgages values at over £2m I took a 2nd charge loan for £300K that was changed from a personal loan to a commercial one. I needed to renew for various reasons. I was misled in the renewal and even though my formal complaint against the finance company was upheld, they refused to refinance me as it is against their companies policies .. even though they were the ones who put me into arrears! They sneakily appointed a receiver who I learnt of when I rang to get a payout figure as I had someone else wanting to refinance. That was overt years ago and I have been lied to blocked, ignored and now one property sold at 40% less than its value with a second property about to go the same way robbing me of ALL MY EQUITY which was around £800K (after settling both 1ST & this 2ND charge). I have had huge problems finding lawyer who knows of the scam, & have no money to fight them so am after a Pro Bono solicitor. Can you help/advise?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have spooked with a number and it is the cross over of the personal into commercial that is the complication. I live in the UK and I am on Just Answer UK Law am I not?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: As I have said I have struggled to find a lawyer who knows both side of personal and commercial I believe it is a commercial litigator who has property background that is needed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that it is a well rehearsed scam between the finance company, the receiver and the finance companies lawyer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am very happy to wait in the hoe that you are able to find the right person. Whilst this appears complex, these crooks have a history of doing exactly what they have done/are doing to me. By turning something from personal into commercial has stripped me of everything as they have been allowed to treat me as a company & a company doesn’t need to eat or be clothed or have a roof over its head, making me homeless even though I was relatively wealthy in property, they plan to steal it all! To then force me into arrears by twisting the renewal terms, but upholding my complaint but then refusing to renew with me as against their terms even though they were the ones who put me into arrears! Then even though we were in regular weekly communication they appointed re duvet without telling me & then only revealed when they had things sown up their end. I had someone who was refinancing me but as soon as they learnt that a receiver was involved they walked away. Since then other brokers appear concerned that it will effect their business if they were to refinance me. It is a well rehearsed scam! I would love to b able to find the correct legal help to fight them back. THANK YOU for your continuing search! Kind Regards
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This is such an important thing to try to break through I would appreciate if you would carry on trying. Thank you! .. TCFL U
used to trade as Blenheim they are ruthless in their pursuit to wipe their victims out! Thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Maybe an easier one maybe I was denied the opportunity of packing up and removing my personal possessions and furniture. They only gave me hours during the week making it impossible to arrange. It would take me three full days alone to pack up & needed to be weekends as only a single lane road & permits are needed. I have lost EVERYTHING Family possessions aside my waterbed alone cost thousands of pounds! The bizarre thing is is that no furniture or personal possessions have been moved in just two men. I am sure that this is part of how they put extra stress to impact maximum on people’s lives and part of taking them down. Is this an angle perhaps?? Thanks

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

You have a cause of action in breach of contract and/or the tort of deceit (i.e. fraud and theft) against the fraudsters for eliciting monies from you by deception.

Therefore, you must claim against the sellers in Breach of Contract, Breach of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Acts, the Financial Services and Markets Act and the tort of Deceit (Fraud).

If your expected damages are under £10,000 and you do not make an express pleading of “Fraud”, you may issue court proceedings via the Government’s Small Claims Track Online System: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim.   The issue fee will be no more than £410.00.   A party cannot normally recover solicitors’ costs on the Small Claims Track.   However, it is designed for non-lawyers (known as “Litigants In Person”).  The trials are relatively informal, and the judges do not expect parties to have the same legal knowledge as experienced solicitors and barristers.

However, if your expected damages are between £10,000 and £25,000, the claim will be allocated to the Fast Track, and if damages are over £25,000, it will be allocated to the Multi Track.

If you plead Fraud on the Claim Form and Particulars of Claim, the Claim will automatically be allocated to the Multi Track regardless of its damages value.

The Fast Track and the Multi Track are much more formal and legally technical, and it is expected that both parties will instruct solicitors.   The normal rule on the Fast and Multi Tracks is that the winning party (either at a Final Hearing, or through a negotiated settlement) can expect to receive most of their legal costs from the losing party.

If you make a pleading of Fraud and lose at Trial, you will have to pay the Defendants’ costs on the “Indemnity Basis” which means that you will essentially pay their Bill of Costs in full as served and filed without it being assessed by the Court for reasonableness and proportionality.

If your claim is worth over £10,000 and/or you are minded to plead Fraud in the Claim, I strongly recommend that you instruct specialist solicitors who are experts in commercial dispute resolution, financial crime and court litigation to advise you and conduct the litigation.   If you cannot afford legal costs upfront, you should contact your home or business insurers and ask if they will cover your legal costs under a legal expenses insurance policy.   They will either pay your solicitors’ fees or appoint a law firm on their panel of solicitors to act for you.

However, the potential defendants may be difficult to trace and may have moved your money to several other bank accounts outside of Western legal jurisdictions.   I recommend that you report this matter to the UK Police’s online financial crime unit, Action Fraud, who may be able to assist: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/.   If Action Fraud are unable to trace the other parties, you must instruct your own financial crime investigators at your own cost.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd

Ed Turner,
Experience: Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited