Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I had a ccj from a supplier I owed money to back in 2010, I

I had a ccj from a supplier I owed money to back in 2010, I offered a PG and they took a charge on my property, I am now trying to get the charge discharged and they want me to pay the entire principal along with the interest accrued till date. Given the fact that I had to bare the consequences of the CCJ for 6 years. Is there a better solution around this?

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine what a difficult position it must be. I will certainly try to clarify your options.

May I confirm if the charge in question is a charging order or a charge that was arranged by agreement either by way of a consent order or side agreement outside of court please?