Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have been for a mortgage application because of CCJ

Customer Question

I have been for a mortgage application because of CCJ amounting £250. I am planning to pay it off in the next couple days. l do l need to do next
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: l only discovered this recently when l checked my credit score after my application was rejected
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think thats' about it
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Assuming you do not contest the claim then the ccj should be paid ASAP. However when you are paying the ccj you should ask the creditor whether they will set aside the judgment. If they say no seek written confirmation from them that you have paid the judgment because this will be needed when you apply for a certificate of satisfaction.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n443-application-for-a-certificate-of-satisfaction-or-cancellation

Do you understand what I have stated so far? If yes I will proceed to discuss the next step.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 9 days ago.

Assuming you understand what I have stated the effect of the certificate of satisfaction is it will show on your records that the ccj has been satisfied.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe