Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

Before I go ahead do you charge for this chat or is it free?

Customer Question

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am sorry I can’t wait it’s too late,going to bed.thanks
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 13 days ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information about your legal issue and how you want a lawyer to help you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much do you charge for a phone call and how many minutes ?. I can’t afford you if you are expensive
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

I have put a bespoke offer through on the Portal for a Premium Service Document Review and telephone consultation. The fee is in addition to your ordinary Just Answer subscription. If you accept, I will pass you my direct email address and mobile phone number through on the Portal and can accept your direct contact details.

I can review a brief amount of documentation from the customers (up to 20 pages or so).

The phone calls generally last around 20 – 30 minutes at most. I will let you know if we are going around in circles and I am repeating myself.

You will not receive any additional documentation from me or Just Answer (apart from payment confirmation).

I will discuss my fees with my main virtual law firm on the call. Under my Just Answer Expert Agreement, I cannot provide Customers any direct contact details or information about my law firm’s charges unless they accept a Premium Service Phone Call.

If you choose to instruct me directly through my law firm, this will be a different contract from yours with Just Answer. I will open a new client-matter for you with my firm and send you retainer documentation in the form of a Client Care Letter and Terms of Engagement.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can’t make any decisions yet but I will let you know if I do, thanks for letting me know
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

Can you provide me with some further information about your legal problem so I can provide a text answer on the portal?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As I explained to your friend Joshua, I had my extension done by a builder and agreed the price which was 70,000 .we both agreed to sign a contract last year. I have transferred 51,000 into his company account by February 2022 & he asked me to transfer the rest which was 20,000 into his current account.He filed for bankruptcy in March.As it happens he stopped doing the remaining work which is about 25,000.it was my fault that I paid him the lot rather then paying him at the end when work was finished. I know I can’t get back the 51,000 but he is liable for 20,000 which is in his personal account. I did explain everything to FRP and he has advised me to contact IVA company because Mr Wadhams (my builder) is proposing to enter a personal insolvency.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

It appears that you contracted with the builder's company rather than the builder personally.   However, you may be able to "pierce the corporate veil" and claim and the builder's personal cash and assets if he has committed fraud or deliberately attempted to hide his business assets from his creditors.

If the defendant is in administration, the administrators may be able to restructure its liabilities for it to survive and keep trading without going into liquidation. While the company is in administration, its creditors and new claimants cannot issue civil court or insolvency proceedings against it and there will be a freeze over existing court action while the administration proceeds.

If the defendant is insolvent, and you do not have a charge over its assets or an express personal guarantee from its directors or shareholders, unfortunately, you will be left as an unsecured creditor and therefore second to last in the payout queue when the liquidator distributes its remaining cash and assets. Only the shareholders are below unsecured creditors.

I suggest you register the debt with the defendant’s liquidators on Form 14.4 Proof of Debt, but you will be lucky to receive a few pence in the pound for your debt.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but I must be as honest as possible with you to advise in your best interests.

I hope this is a satisfactory initial reply to your question and you understand my recommendations. Please revert to me if you do not understand anything and require clarification of my answer and I shall be delighted to assist.

I can also offer a Premium Service Consultation for an additional fee if you need detailed and bespoke legal advice. If you accept, I will pass you my direct email address and phone number. I can review any relevant documentation and consult with you by telephone for around 20 minutes. This will give you a clearer picture of your legal position and your potential options for progressing the matter to the next stage.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it’s ok I understand what you said.thanks
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am delighted that you are satisfied with my reply and wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

If you require further legal advice from me, please create a new text thread on the portal and start it with @EdTurner. I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

Text answer completed.