TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

I would like to contact law regarding my past questions

Customer Question

I would like to contact Morris law regarding my past questions
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have earlier contacted her regarding my question
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can u please connect me again
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Hello!

Is this about the refund issue?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Ok

Can you please clarify the circumstances of the order as I asked in my last message in the previous chat?

Please consider that I cannot view documents, as that is a Premium Service which should be arranged separately.

Therefore, I need you to provide me with the relevant info.

On which Amazon website did you place the order?

Are you an EU+Norway Iceland Liechtenstein national?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
U asked whether i am from India.
Yes. I am from India.
But I ordered airpods for my friend in London. He is a citizen of United Kingdom.
I ordered it from Amazon UK website
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Product was dropped in locker by my friend for whom i gifted
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

The order is placed by the account holder. That must be registered with the relevant website, The delivery address is a detail.

So the person in the video of the return is not you.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Ok. You just said it.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

But I guess you told Amazon that it was you who dropped the return parcel etc? Am I right?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It was dropped by him.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Now since i can't contact Amazon UK from India, he changed account to his name.
He even changed e-mail id, contact number to his with my consent
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He has been contacting Amazon for many times but he gets reply saying we didn't receive the product inspite of sending video proof as evidence
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

An account must be linked to a person for security reasons.

If the order was placed by X, Y cannot complain as X.

Who did write to Amazon, to complain, you or your friend?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My friend.
Before writing to Amazon, he changed account details including email id, contact number etc... with my consent.
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

An account cannot be transferred to another person.

Some details can be changed, but it's not that you can switch an account from a person to another.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Also, does the video of the drop off show the entire locker in its location, so that it can be recognised?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Though i ordered from UK Amazon website, i could not call Amazon UK from India. There were some technical issues.
That's why he called and handled the situation
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Amazon has websites for geographical areas.

For obvious reasons.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No mam. The video didn't have entire locker location.
Though it's not necessary to shoot a video, he did it for his sake
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But if i am not wrong by metadata of the video, we can trace the location of video
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Amazon doesn't give any confirmation for dropping in locker
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

That kind of checks is for the FBI maybe....

The problem with returns by locker is that there is no receipt and this is a known issue.

If everything goes right, nothing happens.

But, if anything goes wrong, then the customer has no proof that they actually dropped the item in the locker.

A video might be proof, but it has to be actual evidence that the item was dropped in an Amazon locker.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what can be done now
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

How did you pay for the item?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I paid by credit card
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Issued in India?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Visa card
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

You should check if you are entitled to raise a chargeback claim with your bank/card provider.

You should inform them of the dispute with Amazon about the refund and ask to have the payment transaction reversed.

However, this claims must be submitted within a certain deadline, so you should do this quickly.

You may also try to escalate the complaint to the UK Retail ADR, but, to be honest, I am not sure that the procedure to complain with Amazon was followed (the changes you mentioned may have invalidated it).

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.

Regards.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I raise chargeback from bank when Amazon says that it has not received the product?
Anyways i ll try with ADR
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.
Well, if you are 100% sure that the item was dropped in the locker and that Amazon did not collect it.....
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am 100% sure.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If the door Is closed it can be accessed only by Amazon agent.
There is even a video of it.
Luckily, video was shot
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 15 days ago.

Best wishes again.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
May i know what's UK ADR?