Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have fibromyalgia, how can I help myself .. pain meds dont

I have fibromyalgia, how can I help myself .. pain meds dont work
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Hello... I understand your concern.
I need some more information please.
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Are you having any small joint pains like fingers and toes?
3. Is there any stiffness of the spine or shoulder girdle or hip girdle?
4. Are you having any rash any where over the torso?
5. Are you running chronic intermittent fever?
6. Did you suffer from EBV anytime please?
7. Do you have early morning stiffness of joints?
8. Is there any family history of autoimmune disease?
9. Can you upload all the reports which you have in hand please?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
24 and female, yes pain everywhere, my hips can pop out and my back can hardly move, no rash, not sure what EBv is, yeah stuff in the morning, cant get out of bed properly, not that I know of and i sont currently have anything to hand
Ebv is Epstein Barr virus
Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlation with with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having autoimmune related phenomenon.

When it is working normally, the body's immune system kills germs or viruses and fungi. Sometimes, something goes wrong and the immune system starts to attack own body cells. That is called an autoimmune response. It is what happens in autoimmunity. In other words, if you have autoimmunity, your body is attacking itself.

Symptoms can be -
Feeling tired or weak
Lose or gain weight
Fevers, headaches
Rash on their nose and cheeks shaped like a butterfly, especially if they spend time in the sun
Hair loss
Chest pain
Bruise easily
Joint pain and stiffness
Swelling in the hands, feet, belly, or around the eyes
Urine that looks brown (tea-colored) or foamy
Sores in the mouth
Cold fingers or toes that turn pale or blue

Your doctor might perform some special tests like antinuclear antibody and anti double stranded DNA, apart from the routine blood test workup.

Treatment includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids, immuno-modulatory drugs and biological agents.

May I suggest you discuss this possibility with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani