Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My hen is lethargic, not eating, so is losing weight. She

Customer Question

My hen is lethargic, not eating, so is losing weight. She has blobs of yellow diarrhoea which smells awful.
I have read up digestive problems and have been giving her a syringe full of olive oil yesterday and today.
Her comb has fallen & she seems listless but still responds to her name.
I have been washing her bottom when it is messy.
Can you please advise as I go on holiday on Saturday and have to leave her in the care of my neighbour and I will worry about her all the time I am away?
thank you
Gillian
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Is she taking any fluids?

Has she been vaccinated? What for?

When did you last worm her?