S. August Abbott, CAS
S. August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Work w/Avian Vet; published bird care nutrition& behavior articles; consults, research
1604863

Her eyes are stuck together... & her neck is blowing out one

Her eyes are stuck together... & her neck is blowing out one side
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the bird?
Customer: She seam very low in mood.. Not herself l am waiting for a travel bag so I can try and get someone to look at her.. I'm very worried about her
Assistant: Where does the bird seem to hurt?
Customer: Her eyes ... Plus when I moved to my brother hse l had to bring her down here in a cat box & as u must know that ain't for parrots... So she hurt her foot.. That was the start of this & she sounds very wheeze
Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?
Customer: It looks like she is finding it hard to breath

You can't delay getting this baby to medical care, no later than first thing in a.m. (not sure what time zone you're in)

Until then, here's an emergency room for home:

Get the bird in a safe, enclosed, secure environment where movement is limited for their own safety and comfort. You'll want a brooder box. This is a sort of ‘intensive care unit' at home.
---
For a makeshift brooder, use a small box lined with soft clothes like tee shirts.
---
Use a thick, clean sock and fill it ¾ with plain, raw white rice. Knot the end and microwave it for about 1 ½ minutes. Shake it afterwards to distribute the heat and be sure it's not too hot. Tuck this in just under the cloths.
---
A heating pad under one half of the box is also helpful, set on low. This is one of the few times I’d ever use both heat sources if necessary to maintain incubation temp (90-105 degrees).
---
If ever using an electric source for heating anything in anyway, please be vigilant and constantly double checking carefully.
---
Gently drape a light cover over this box to further help hold heat in and keep light low.
---
You must be on your way to professional care. The best you can do is help maintain them until the hands on exam.
---

The rice socks will help provide a bit of humidity which could also help the breathing so keep those up.

This is just supportive care - your girl needs a hands on intervention quickly

Will you do this?

How is everything?