Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Morning. I have a ten year old budgie who is healthy but has

Morning. I have a ten year old budgie who is healthy but has stopped singing and is sleepy. I noticed he has droppings stuck to him and not many on cage floor. Can budgies get constipation. What can I give him. He is eating a little .
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name?
Customer: Joey .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Joey?
Customer: No he is healthy bird, lively usually.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Could you tell me are the droppings of a normal colour and consistency?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Any change to his breathing or any nasal discharge?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry had to walk dog. No breathing fine just sleepy.. Wondered if I could give him slice of pear or apricot. I have no apples or grapes but can get those if better..Thank you for your attention.

I have attached a budgie care sheet courtesy of one of my colleagues, it lists a full range of foods which can be given. A small amount of pear or grape should be fine

I would worry that the signs you are seeing reflect general illness, from what you have said so far it is difficult to say what that is. I would suggest getting him checked by a vet if these signs persist to hopefully rule out anything serious. Please let me know if you have been able.to access the attachment. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much. I have chanced small slice of pear and he likes it. Hopefully all be ok.

You're welcome. I hope he picks up soon.

If I could just trouble you to leave me a rating using the stars at the top of the screen. It enables Just Answer to credit me for my time.

Many thanks.

Chris