Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a female canary around 9mths old,she has been laying

I have a female canary around 9mths old,she has been laying eggs,I have put some fake eggs in her nest,but she is going bald on her head? She has good quality seed,fresh water daily,broccoli kale and greens very often.not sure what's wrong.she seems her usual self and is in the cage on her own.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Does the area of baldness looks crusty or scaly? If so this could be a mite infection. It can be treated with Xeno 50 mini applied every 2 weeks for 3 treatments. https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/xeno-50.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMJ0utfeTe22gWrfk_KXmKhNJzbXRoj5WWFWTi_6kiT9eYWdq60e5ABoC4UQQAvD_BwE

I will also attach a care sheet to have a look at. It is primarily for budgies but many things such as diet and enclosure apply to Canaries as well. Let me know when you have received it and if you have any further questions.

Chris

Caresheet

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have received the care sheet thank you