Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My parrot is constantly scrachin there's black things an

Customer Question

My parrot is constantly scrachin there's black things an white things am not sharw we're to go or how to get rid of them I'm constantly clean in the cage iv put spot on for parrots but it don't seem to be workin
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your bird's name and age?
Customer: Annie 15 years green wing
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Annie?
Customer: She dose bite she doesn't like showers never been to a vets iv had 5 years the previous owner as ad her 10years
Category: Bird
Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 23 days ago.

Where is Annie kept? Inside or outside? Where are you located?

What is her typical diet? How about 'toys' (wood to chew and destroy)?

Do these black and white things move? If there's any way to get me a good clear picture of what you're seeing, please try.

I'm signing off for the night but will be back in the a.m..

Please do not use any products on her. They are not healthy no matter what the packaging or sales clerk says. We'll get through this together ok?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
She in a big cage I don't lock her she she happy wi previous ownerin she not good diet she eats my food an fruit she happy we me
Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 22 days ago.

I'm glad she's in a roomy cage and free to come and go; however, still need more information. Remember, you can see, I can't. You have to be my eyes ok?

So she only eats what you eat and some fruit, right? I need to know what you eat then.

And what kind of fruit she most of.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Did u not get the I sent to u am not sharw if I did it
Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 18 days ago.

If you mean photos, nothing came through. I'll send this to customer svc to help you ok?

How is she doing?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
She ok in her self she constantly scrachin she biten feet I feel so sorry for her just to wat on her

Here is a link the moderators gave me to help you with photos

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 9 days ago.

I'm still with you. Just waiting for your pics. How is she doing?