Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a kakariki parakeet and by accident I closed the door

Customer Question

Hi,I have a kakariki parakeet and by accident I closed the door when she was standing there and she hurt a feet,now holding the feet up and it looks a bit purple and little bit of a skin came off . What can I do? She’s not tame so it’s hard to catch her
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the parakeet's name and age?
Customer: chloe and she’s around 2year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?
Customer: No that’s all what I said
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I can see she’s in a pain because she’s a big eater and now not even interested in a food and sitting up high,and shaking a bit.how I can I help her please ?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. Sorry to hear of this accident with your bird. We may just be looking at some bruising, but if pain or lameness does persist beyond 24hrs then she must be seen by a vet for examination and possibly a xray to rule out a fracture. At the vet least some prescription pain relief may be needed.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you,she’s fine now,in less than 24 hours she started using her foot and now running everywhere like usual.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 days ago.

Great, glad to hear it.