Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I rescued a male cockatiel 2 weeks ago. I found it flying on

I rescued a male cockatiel 2 weeks ago. I found it flying on the cars in the neighborhood.
He has red nostrils since I got him and a vet reccomended antibiotics Enrofloxacin, liquid solution to be put in his water 1ml for 1l water. He assumes he has Clamydia.
The cockatiel is also putting his nostrils like between the cage bars and that action makes him sneeze and its doing it on purpose like something is bothering him.
I have him pelete from Harrisons.What should I do? Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He is also preening a lot, I saw him plucking feathers but not in the way described online. Just chick down feathers. He plucks and chews it, I think also swallowing it.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He îs singing a lot and sleeping a lot
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (V3Z6MZL)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (PTQS6Q7)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He tried green apple and red one he loves it, he is not willing to eat chop with vegetables and quinoa... Maybe he had a seed diet only.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He tried pear and yellow pepper and he liked it. Not willing to try them chopped I Dont know wht
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Why*
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How old can he be?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (1541G2T)

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. You're through to Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Firstly we'll done for rescuing this little guy. Judging fro your photos he doesn't look that old, possibly 3-5 years or so.

Red or inflamed nostrils can occur due to infections such as chlamidia, however it can also be due to vitamin deficiencies (particularly vitamin a). It sounds like he may have been on a poor diet preciosuy but is now on a good diet with you. Hopefully this problem will improve over time with a better diet and antibiotics to deal with any infection which may be occurring. If symptoms persist then a swab of his nasal passages may be considered to check for other infectious causes to help guide more appropriate treatment.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.