Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I've got a wee budgie she 6 month's old I took it from my

Customer Question

Hello I've got a wee budgie she 6 month's old I took it from my sister about 2 months ago I quickly noticed that right down the edge of her wing was all bald and had a red blister at top edge so I've been treating with turmeric and water paste painting it on her she is pure white now that she all better feathers are all back what can I use to take the yellow stane of her feathers I tried warm water but shes been grooming herself now it's on her face I blew her dry with warm hairdryer she loved it and she much better at flying not flying and dropping I've also used angel sprinkled in her seed and I've got her in with my yellow boy she doing a lot better more vocal a huge difference she was so quiet before
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Has the budgie been licking or rubbing the dryness?
Customer: No my sister said she fell down behind a radiator caught her wing some feathers wer bent the wrong way when she got her out
JA: What's the budgie's name?
Customer: Luna
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She has picked up brilliantly over past 2 months they both have good diet range both been worked nite treatment both are healthy just my luna is yellow stained
Category: Bird
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 3 days ago.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I dont mind waiting a little longer if there is a wash I can try on her or make up at home be much appreciated to know what I can use on her I've asked around but not had any response shes not managing to clean it herself and warm water only took so much away I blew dry her with warm at a distance hair dryer she loved that so I know drying her not a issue
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok thank you much appreciated
Expert:  Teodora B replied 2 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 2 days ago.

Is Luna up-to-date with anti-parasitic control?

Expert:  Teodora B replied 2 days ago.

Is there any chance you could send me a picture with this wald wing/pustules?

Expert:  Teodora B replied 2 days ago.

Based on the information you provided, I suspect we might be dealing with some sort of infection at this stage and any topical treatment (wash, creams, solutions, etc) might not be effective. I think the best way forward would be for Luna to be seen today by a vet for a hands-on examination. It might be the case she requires oral antibiotics(?), but there is no way of telling that till she's been examined. If your local vets are shot, please seek OOH care.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
both my birds have recently been treated for worms and mites both are doing well luna is eating same as sunny now all veg fruits she been copying him one thing I've noticed as they are feeding one n other regurgitating will thos stop as they both young vets are closed due to covid19 I can try a normal vets see if they can offer some antibiotics but to be fare Luna is flying landing perching she is a lot better than she was ny only concern now is they are feeding each other am worried she lose weight sunny is fuller in size ge is a year old now I will call pets at home as they are open still I will come back to you if I have any further advice I need how do I attach a photo to this chat please
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Awee sorry I cant manage today to call but will be in touch if I dont have any outcome from vets thanks for your help
Expert:  Teodora B replied 2 day ago.
You are more then welcome!