Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My chicken has loads of brocken tail feathers don't no what

Customer Question

My chicken has loads of brocken tail feathers don't no what to do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the chicken's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: I bought a chicken recently its a show bird called shamo it's also multing I was told that these feathers will grow out
JA: What environment do you keep the chicken in? Are there other pets or animals around?
Customer: In chicken coop only two or 3 chickens
JA: And what's the chicken's name and age?
Customer: Around 12 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Awaiting for response
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 12 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I’m a vet in the UK. What’s your chickens name? Are the other chickens affected at all? Do you know how the feathers came to be broken?