Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

I have a injured bird, his wing is broken and I’m trying to

Customer Question

Hello. I have a injured bird, his wing is broken and I’m trying to contact the rsda
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. What type of bird are we talking about?
Customer: pigeon
JA: When did the pigeon break his wing? Have you seen a vet yet?
Customer: I think a few hours ago because we found it in our yard
JA: Did he bleed at all from the break?
Customer: He had a bit of blood but when my boyfriend saw the wing, something was coming out from there and there was blood
JA: What's the pigeon's name and age?
Customer: I don’t know, it’s not our pigeon it’s an wild one
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Now is staying in a box inside our kitchen but I am afraid that is not gonna survive if someone specialised will not help him
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can someone help me, please?
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can today
Most vet practices will be able to see injured wild pigeons. If you call your nearest practice they should be able to tell you where and when the pigeon can be dropped off. The vet will decide what treatment is appropriate depending on the severity of the injury.
I don’t think the RSPCA currently have the resources to send someone out overnight.
I hope this helps answer your question.