Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

African parrot, today he’s keeps bring sick, no, Shakespeare

Customer Question

JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: african parrot
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the parrot's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: today he’s keeps bring sick
JA: What environment do you keep the parrot in? Does he interact with other pets or animals?
Customer: no
JA: What's the parrot's name and age?
Customer: Shakespeare 7
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: keeps closing his eyes
Category: Bird
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can today.

I certainly feel a little worried that Shakespeare keeps closing his eyes and bringing up sick. It sounds like he is feeling unwell. I recommend a physical examination with a vet today. Do you have an exotic vets near by?

I'd be worried that Shakespeare has a gastrointestinal infection that might require treatment. The vet will be able to advise you of the best course of action after the examination and prescribe the necessary treatment.