Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My female canary has been sleepy for a few days today I

Customer Question

Hi, my female canary has been sleepy for a few days today I noticed she is a bit unstable and struggles to fly she deteriorated but I cant find the cause
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. How has the canary's appetite been? Any changes in her stool?
Customer: I saw her eat but I dont think she eats as much as before. I have 2 canaries so I cant tell which stools are hers but it looks normal to me
JA: Could she have eaten something unusual?
Customer: no we only feed her with seeds and vitamins in the water
JA: What's the canary's name and age?
Customer: Its tweety and we were told she is last years breed she has a small ring to her foot
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Yes I noticed she has something dark in her foot seems like stools stuck together but I cant be sure, you need a photo? she does not look good at all
Category: Bird
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 13 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm a vet in the UK I will try and help you today.

You sound quite worried about Tweety and certainly if a canary is acting tired I'd be worried to. Does the other canary seem well? Is Tweety eating well?

I'm happy to continue to use the chat text on here but if you are getting concerned about Tweety please do call and local vets for a physical examination.