Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I have a small chicken, 9 days old and from 2-3 day's he

Customer Question

Hi,I have a small chicken, 9 days old and from 2-3 day's he started to breathe more hard and I can hear a noise too, please can you help me with this. Thank you
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Aside from this noise, have you noticed other behavioral changes in the chicken? Does he appear to be in pain?
Customer: No It's very happy Just he don't eat very well now
JA: What's the chicken's name and age?
Customer: 9 days old And is a batman
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Days?
Customer: Just I'm worrie about dis strange breathe
Category: Bird
Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

Is he the only chicken you have?

Expert:  Teodora B replied 18 days ago.

Based on the information you have provided so far, my best recommendation is to contact your local vet for a hands-on consult. Please isolate the little one for now - my worse fear is Mycoplasmosis. Probably a short course of antibiotics would nurse Batman back to health, but it's very hard to confirm this before a clinical check-up.