Jeanne Smith
Jeanne Smith,
Experience:  owner at Avian Health Services
106190230

One of the pheasants on our estate has a rubbery pinky grey

Customer Question

one of the pheasants on our estate has a rubbery pinky grey growth the size of a pingpong ball growing from the side of his face. He is a yound bird one of several who regularly escape from a local pheasant farm. It is obviously bothering him as every day goes by but he is still eating and drinking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the pheasant had this growth?
Customer: about 3 months ago, maybe longer
JA: And what's the pheasant's name and age?
Customer: About three to four I think, I also feed a 16 year old who was savaged by a dog at the start of lockdown and has survived by hopping everywhere and eating and drinking lots of water every day. He was the alpha male here for many years but sadly all the females have disappeared.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Category: Bird
Expert:  Jeanne Smith replied 13 days ago.
Hi, this is Dr Jeanne Smith. I just came on line and saw your request. I'm sorry no one else was able to respond to you sooner. I'll do my best to help you with home care suggestions and advice for the best course of action. Are you able to get a close up and in focus photo of the bird's face? You can attach photos to this conversation. This could be an abscess, benign tumor, or malignant tumor and a good photo can help me advise you better.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a photo how do I send it?
Use the paperclip attachment tool on a computer or the page attachment icon to the left on the text box on a cell phone.
Expert:  Jeanne Smith replied 12 days ago.
I gaven't received any photos. If you can't figure out how to attach them here you can email them to me at***@******.***.