Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

Our budgie is sick. Rocking back and forth. Sitting at the

Customer Question

Hi our budgie is sick. Rocking back and forth. Sitting at the bottom of the cage.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the budgie?
Customer: Rocking back and forth listless sitting at the bottom of the cage Seems to be sleeping while rocking
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the budgie. What is the budgie's name and age?
Customer: Pearl, about 18 months old
JA: What is the budgie's name?
Customer: Pearl
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: When we got her she had mites, we treated with ivermectin. Seems she has always been a bit less well than the other budgies. Always slept more etc
Category: Bird
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 days ago.

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I regret that I can't see when you initially posted. Please let me know if you still need help. Regrettably, you appear to be describing an agonal (near death) budgie.