Jeanne Smith
Jeanne Smith,
Experience:  owner at Avian Health Services
106190230

My parrot bit me while playing with me. The wound was

Hi my parrot bit me while playing with me. The wound was bleeding but small. I used antiseptic spray to clean it but was wondering if I can get a disease from its bite? I have had its stool teated for psittacosis, negative.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Any symptoms i need to look out for?
Hi, this is Dr Jeanne Smith.  I'll do my best to help you with home care suggestions and advice for the best course of action.  No, you won't get any diseases from your bird's bite but I find bite wounds can get infected easily.  I'll give you advise on treating your wound.
Sorry for the delay, I wrote suggestions but it didn't go through. Rinse the wound with hydrogen peroxide. Rinse with warm water. Apply a topical antibiotic ointment or cream daily.