Jeanne Smith
Jeanne Smith,
Experience:  owner at Avian Health Services
106190230

My bantam injured itself on it's break damaging a nostril

Customer Question

My young bantam injured itself on it's break damaging a nostril and now has a swollen area under one eye. It needs veterinary advice and possibly antibiotics how can I get this advice please?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A bantam.
JA: When did the animal break their nostril? Have you seen a vet yet?
Customer: I'm not sure possibly a few weeks ago. Vets won't see poultry.
JA: Did the animal bleed at all from the break?
Customer: I think it did a bit at first.
JA: And what's the animal's name and age?
Customer: The bantam is called Ginger and was born last year I don't know when
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Ginger?
Customer: She seems to be very thin and not as large as the other bantam of the same age.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Jeanne Smith replied 6 days ago.
Hi, this is Dr Jeanne Smith.  I just came on line and saw your request.  I'm sorry no one else was able to respond to you sooner.  I'll do my best to help you with home care suggestions and advice for the best course of action.  Can you send me close up and in focus photos of his injury? You can attach photos to this conversation.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your response. I was so worried about her I did eventually find a poultry vet not far away and as I knew it needed antibiotics I went over at lunch time. So we will see now if Denagard has any effect. Thanks again. Tessa

You're welcome.  If you have any questions as she heals just come back to this conversation.