Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

have a bmw with M54 enging in it and have a engine ckeck light

have a bmw with M54 enging in it and have a engine ckeck light on car ticks over but will not drive or rev up, got a code po220 but the no sensor on pedal and this modle as throttle cable going to the throttle body, is this sensor in the throttle body
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this.

As you say, this is not a drive by wire system - the TPS ( throttle sensor ) is actually all a part of a motorised part on the throttle body.

Many people replace the whole throttle body if its not just a wiring issue - with a second hand unit as new ones were very expensive - and Im not even sure they are available now but you could check with a Bmw parts dept first - You would need to give them the VIN for this.

But do just carefully check all the wiring first inc the connector - its a ten pin connector if I recall correctly - but whatever, check that first as connections can corrode.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all - If you do need to get back to me thats fine - I will always reply asap -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi, have just fitted new throttle body to bmw, its tick over at just over 1000rpm, on invoice it said this unit requires ECU adaption is this something i can do or as it got go to garge to be done , i have got inpa bmw soft wear.could you let me know what this means and how its done many thanks paul

Hello again Paul -

Yes this is because ( means ) that its a unit that is not set up / recognised by the ecu so it needs its adaptions setting / to suit that ecu on the car.

Im assuming you have likely done it by now but if now you can do it using Inpa - if you go through the Menu settings - you are looking for Throttle body adaption ( matching ) set up ( or similar ) and just run that to re set it and all should be fine then..

Let me know if you have any problems..

Best Rgds Paul.. MIKE.