Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Z3 has been standing for a while with a flat battery. Charged

Z3 has been standing for a while with a flat battery. Charged the battery insitu and the boot light works but when I put the key in and turn the ignition on nothing happens, not lights come on the dash.

hello

try the alarm deactivation process:

open the door manually with the key, the alarm should sound for 30 seconds and stop

put the key in the ignition and turn to position 1

all the doors should unlock and the alarm is then deactivated

if this doesn't work then its likley to be a fault with the immobiliser ( EWS3) system

if you have a second key try that if that doesn't work then I'm sorry to say its a job for a dealership or car security firm that can plug into the car and force a recognition of the trasnponder in the car key fob