Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My dtf light comes on and lose power BMW 320 d

which light is it that is coming on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's a triangle on the dash
you mean the d P f light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes that's prob it

Thank you for clarifying. Please do not forget to select a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer. Thank you.

This warning light means there is a problem with the particulate filter. If you go for a long, motorway drive and hold the car down one gear so that the rpm stays high, it may regenerate. If the issue persists, then you will likely need to have a new particulate filter fitted.

Best wishes with your repairs. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest answer. The only way I receive any credit for my answer is if a positive rating is clicked. Thank you.